Did you miss any of the sessions of If These Walls Could Talk: Researching the History of Your Athens-Clarke County Home The 5 part series was held in the fall of 2016 and presented by Athens-Clarke County Library Heritage Room and the Athens-Clarke Heritage Foundation. All of these sessions will be presented again in one day in order to be videotaped. We invite you to attend all or any of the sessions for FREE on Saturday, February 4 at the Athens-Clarke County Library in Multipurpose Room A.
- 10:00 a.m. - Session 1- When Was My House Built? Using Sanborn and Other Maps - Hallie Pritchett
- 11:10 a.m. - Session 2- When Was My House Built? Researching Chain of Title - Teresa Hixson
- 12:20 p.m. - Lunch
- 1:20 p.m. - Session 3- What is the Architectural History of My House? Using Archival Records - Steven Brown
- 2:30 p.m. - Session 4 - Who Lived in My House? Using City Directories, Census, and Courthouse Records - Laura W. Carter
- 3:40 p.m. - Session 5 - Putting It All Together: A Case Study in Researching a Historic Home - Alex Patterson
- 4:50 p.m. - Session 6 - Q and A with presenters and others