ACC Teen Council Application
Welcome! We at Athens-Clarke County Public Library appreciate your interest in volunteering.
Why volunteer at the Public Library?
Public libraries provide unique services to a varied community. As a volunteer you can:
- Expand your overall knowledge
- Make a meaningful contribution to your local community
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Learn about how the Library operates
Need Volunteer Hours to Graduate or to Put on your College Application or Resume?
We’ve got you covered! Any time that you volunteer to attend the monthly Teen Council meetings or to help out with Teen Programs, Teen Services Staff can put you down for volunteering. Just let us know if you need any particular forms signed to attest to the time you have volunteered.
What would you do as a Teen Council member?
- Help plan and develop teen programs at the library
- Give feedback on the library's collection (books and movies) and on the library's programs for teens
- Suggest improvements for the library to better serve teens
- Volunteer to help run programs and community events
- Serving on the Teen Council can also earn you volunteer credit hours--by attending monthly meetings and participating in teen programs.
Requirements to Serve on the Teen Council
- Be 11-18 years of age (*those who are 18 years of age must be enrolled in high school)
- Attend a monthly Teen Council meeting (one hour) at the ACC Library
- Be willing and able to use the library appropriately and to treat library staff and other teens with respect.
- Be willing to commit to volunteering consistently for at least a three (3) month period
Teens will be selected based on their enthusiasm for helping ACC staff to build a stronger schedule of teen programs as well as teen materials. Along with this, ACC Teen Services Staff endeavor to have representatives from as many local teen community organizations and middle and high schools as we can. ACC Library Staff retain the right to select Teen Council members in accordance with this in mind.
For more information call Teen Services at 706.613.3650 ext.329 or email Racheal Griffin-Jackson Teen Services Supervisor, at
Please click this link if you cannot see the form: Teen Council Application.