The U. S. Institute of Museums and Library Services (IMLS) is an Independent federal agency. Its mission is to create strong libraries and museums that connect people to information and ideas.
- Summary Evaluation for Boomer Grant Project, Year Three prepared by Dr. Dorothy Harnish
- Summary Evaluation for Boomer Grant Project, Year Two prepared by Dr. Dorothy Harnish
- Summary Evaluation for Boomer Grant Project, Year One prepared by Dr. Dorothy Harnish
- Interim report: October 1, 2010 - September 30, 2011
Do you have questions about the IMLS Grant?
- Use the "Contact Us" form on the Boomers website.
In the fall of 2010, IMLS awarded our three-year National Leadership Grant (NLG) of $343,100 to the partners - Athens Regional Library System (ARLS) and the Lyndon House Arts Center (LHAC). Our proposal was to develop new models for serving the Baby Boom generation. Only 13 National Leadership Grants were awarded nationwide.
In September, 2013, IMLS awarded a one year extension to the partners. Because baby boomers are such a diverse group, many of whom don't identify with the demographic word "boomer," the project was re-branded to Reflecting, Sharing, Learning. Project personnel are still interested in knowing what and how Baby Boomers want to learn but want to make sure others in the community know the program is open for their participation as well.
The partners, with the help of a 12 member advisory board, will plan, implement and evaluate:
- A program of monthly Community Snapshots suggested by local Boomers sharing their knowledge and experiences. The partners explore delivering programs live over the internet simultaneous to the traditional meeting format and will make the recordings available for later viewing from the website.
- Annual Boomer special events co-hosted by the partners.
- Annual Boomer related exhibitions at LHAC
- A website for accessing program schedules and archived webcasts.
- Regional Workshops and a national presentation for library and museum personnel to address the educational needs of Boomers and explore ways to involve them.
Visit the Community Snapshots Video Archive to watch past Community Snapshot events.
Visit "Reflecting, Learning, Sharing" to view Community Snapshots, learn about upcoming events, and read more about the grant.