Book Us! for a One-on-One
How does it work?
The Athens-Clarke County Library offers the service Book Us!: One-on-One Tutorials through the Digital Media Center (DMC), Heritage Room, and Computer Classroom. Review the descriptions on this page to pick the right type of tutorial for you.
- Register for a tutorial:
- Online: Visit the events calendar, click on a tutorial (calendar event), and complete the registration form.
- By Phone: Call the Information Desk at 706-613-3650 x354.
- In person: Visit the 2nd floor Information Desk
- Registration opens on the 15th of the month for tutorials offered the next month.
- For example, registration opens on January 15th for February tutorials.
- If the 15th falls on a weekend, registration opens the following Monday.
- Registration is limited to one of each type of tutorial (DMC, Heritage Room, or computer) per month.
- For example, you can sign up for one DMC tutorial, one Heritage Room tutorial, and one Computer Classroom tutorial in the same month.
- However, you cannot sign up for two DMC tutorials in the same month.
- Registration is limited to one person per tutorial.
- Late arrival: Tutorials end at the scheduled end time regardless of when you arrive. Tutorials cannot be re-scheduled, moved, or extended.
- For a 9:00 to 9:45 tutorial, if you arrive late at 9:30, your tutorial will still end at 9:45.
- Cancellations: Give notice of a cancellation at least 24-hours before the tutorial. (Call the library at 706-613-3650 x354.)
- Library staff reserves the right to withhold future reservations to patrons who repeatedly miss tutorials and fail to cancel with sufficient notice.
Computer Classroom One-on-One
Tutorials in the Computer Classroom focus on computer basics, word processing, and online services for eBooks, audiobooks, and eMagazines offered through the library. A One-on-One tutorial is a 45-minute interactive session with a computer assistant designed to get you started with a tutorial topic – so that you can leave knowing how to open a computer program, create a resume, borrow an eBook, or perform other useful computer tasks. Patrons are encouraged to re-take tutorials to gain proficiency. Topics include: Mouse and Keyboard Skills, Intro to Computers, Intro to the Internet, Email Basics, Intro to Word 2010, GADD – Free eBooks and Audiobooks, Zinio – Free Online Magazines, Facebook for Beginners, and Creating a Resume with Winway.
Digital Media Center One-on-One
Digital Media Center tutorials are for people who are interested in learning how to use the tools and software of the DMC for content creation or conversion. DMC resources allow you to edit photo, audio and video files; create graphics and art; convert many different media to digital files; and more. Visit the DMC webpage for a full description of the resources available for use.
Heritage Room One-on-One
As the local history and genealogy arm of the Athens-Clarke County Library, the Heritage Room offers personal consultations with a Heritage Room Librarian for genealogists and researchers in need of individualized assistance. Not to replace paid genealogical/research assistance, this free program will have Library staff set aside time to spend with one person, working on one genealogical question. Researchers interested in booking a one-on-one tutorial should visit the Heritage Room Tutorials webpage for a complete description of what these consultations can and cannot cover.
Book Us! for a Scanning One-on-One
Do you have family history documents you’d like to digitize? Are you getting together family photos and slides for a special event? Get help digitizing these family heirlooms for lifelong preservation by registering for a Scanning One-on-One!
As the local history and genealogy arm of the Athens-Clarke County Library, the Heritage Room offers 45-minute personal sessions with a Heritage Room staff member in order to help you safely preserve your family history. Not to replace paid digitization services, this free program will have Library staff set aside time to spend with one person, working with select documents, photos, and slides for family history preservation.
To register for a 45-minute Scanning One-on-One, please visit the Events Calendar, click on the tutorial of your interest, and complete the registration form. You may also register by phone by calling (706) 613-3650 x352, or in person by visiting the Heritage Room during our regular hours of operation.
Please visit our Book Us! for a One-on-One FAQ page for information about lateness and cancellation procedures.