How to Check-out a Ukulele
Checking out a ukulele is a bit different from checking out a book. You will need to sign the Ukulele Check-Out Agreement when you check one out to verify that you understand the following:
- You must be 18 or older to check out a ukulele.
- Ukuleles check out for 2 weeks with the option for two renewals.
- The ukulele comes with a case and a book. All three items must be returned at the same time to avoid late fees.
- Late fees are $3.00 per day.
- Ukuleles must be returned to the Help Desk in the Athens-Clarke County Library in person and may not be returned to any other branch. Ukuleles may not be put in the book drop or automated book return. You will be charged $10 for turning in the ukulele at any location other than the ACCL Help Desk.
- If the ukulele, case, or book are damaged or lost, you will be responsible for replacement price and processing fees:
- Ukulele: $204 plus $10 processing fee
- Case: $17.75 plus $10 processing fee
- Chord book: $14.95 plus $10 processing fee
- Total if all items are not returned: $241.75
- Item is marked or otherwise disfigured: $20 or replacement price if marks cannot be removed.