The Book Sale is Back!
The Friends of Athens-Clarke County Library announce the return of their popular book sale.
We have THOUSANDS of gently used books for sale!
All proceeds benefit the Athens-Clarke County Library.
Free and open to the public, except for a Members-Only sale from 2-6 p.m. on Wednesday , March 5. Join at the door for $25. Plus, on Saturday , fill a bag of books for only $10 or pay $25 for as many as you can carry out!
In the Library's Multipurpose Rooms.
Wednesday, March 5, 2-6 p.m.
(Members only... join at the door!)
Wednesday, March 5, 6-8 p.m.
Thursday, March 6, 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
Friday, March 7, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
*Saturday, March 8, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
*Fill a bag for $10, or take as many as you can carry for $25!
Oklahoma! is OK!
The Friends will repeat their popular fundraiser by enjoying the Town & Gown's dress rehearsal production of the classic favorite Oklahoma! on Thursday, April 3, at 8:00 pm.
This acoustic Oklahoma! is a revitalization of the musical theatre classic with fresh orchestration requiring no electronic amplification. The gorgeous music of Rodgers and Hammerstein will feel brand new, but the delight is timeless.
Make your arrangements to join in the fun after March 1 by contacting Marilynn Smith (706.354.1028) or by making your donations at the Library Store. Members are asked for $15 donations, and non-members $20. This is an great opportunity to have a fun evening out while making a contribution to the Library.
Support the Friends of Athens-Clarke County Library with the Kroger Community Rewards Program
Help the Friends raise money for the library when you use your Kroger Plus Card! If you do not have a card but shop at Kroger, please get a Kroger Plus Card at any customer service desk and register your card today!
Visit krogercommunityrewards.com to register your card. Our Friends’ non-profit organization number is 39034.
- Click on Sign In/Register OR scroll to “Georgia” and click “enroll now”
- Click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on your favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password.
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Enter our non-profit number 39034 and click “confirm.”
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see Friends of Athens-Clarke County Library on the right side of your information page.
- Purchases will not count for us until you register your card!
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number so you can register online.
- Swipe your Kroger Plus card or enter your phone # each time you shop!
Special Fundraiser: Help PAVE the Way
The Friends of the Athens-Clarke County Library invite you to show your support of the new Athens-Clarke County Library by purchasing an engraved paver on our reading garden patio for $100.
Join the Friends of the Library
Types of Membership
- Classic $25.00
- Bronze $50.00
- Silver $100.00
- Gold $500.00
- Platinum ______
Honor or Remember Family, Friends, & Loved Ones
Friends of the Library News & Events
View our latest newsletter online: February 2014 Friends of the Library Newsletter
- October 2013
- July 2013
- April 2013
- January 2013
- October 2012
- May 2012
- February 2012
- November 2011
- April 2011
- October 2010
- June 2010
- December 2009
- September 2009
- Book Sales
Each winter for 4 days - thousands of books! Treasures for mere pennies! Find your old favorites or "nearly new" titles. A Summer Book Sale is held at the end of June each year.
- Café au Libris
Annual pre-holiday author book signing event. Coffee, delicious desserts, and an opportunity to meet talented local authors!
- Family Fun Day
Summer's grand finale - just before school opens. Family fun for all! Crafts, puppet show, storytelling, snakes, bugs, bubbles and more...guaranteed to make you smile!
- Live! at the Library
The Library's free monthly concert series. The first Sunday of each month brings a new musical treat ranging from classical to blues.
- Annual Meeting
Held each May. Opportunity to vote on officers and new board members, enjoy fine entertainment and mingle with other Friends.
Friends of the Athens-Clarke County Library Board Officers
- President, Marilynn Smith
- Vice President, Jody Graichen
- Secretary, Joan Zitzelman
- Treasurer, Sean Boyle
- Membership, Gary Holbrook
- Library Liaison, Clare Auwarter
- More Board members...
Would You Like to Serve on the Friends Board?
There will be a new class of seven Board members joining the Friends Board in May. The Board meets monthly, on the first Tuesday evening of each month. This is a working board, and you must have access to email to facilitate communication.