Michelle Castleberry: A Café au Libris Event
Sunday, April 13 at 3:00 p.m. in the Appleton Auditorium
Join us for the multi-talented Michelle Castleberry as she discusses poetry and reads from her new collection:
Dissecting the Angel and Other Poems.
A poet, a sometime-saxophonist and a clinical social worker, her writing is grounded yet inspiring.
Michelle examines a broad range of subjects—jazz, faith, love, divorce, nightmares, abuse, resilience and so much more. Terry Kay calls it “triumphant writing, a far better offering than anything I’ve read in a very long while.” Mark Bromberg, of Bellemeade Books, writes: "...a deceptively slim book filled with big ideas, and a strong first book of poetry from a writer with an already self-assured voice."
Free and open to the public. Books will be available for purchase and autographing. Reception following.
Support the Friends of Athens-Clarke County Library with the Kroger Community Rewards Program
Help the Friends raise money for the library when you use your Kroger Plus Card! If you do not have a card but shop at Kroger, please get a Kroger Plus Card at any customer service desk and register your card today!
Visit krogercommunityrewards.com to register your card. Our Friends’ non-profit organization number is 39034.
- Click on Sign In/Register OR scroll to “Georgia” and click “enroll now”
- Click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on your favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password.
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Enter our non-profit number 39034 and click “confirm.”
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see Friends of Athens-Clarke County Library on the right side of your information page.
- Purchases will not count for us until you register your card!
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number so you can register online.
- Swipe your Kroger Plus card or enter your phone # each time you shop!
Special Fundraiser: Help PAVE the Way
The Friends of the Athens-Clarke County Library invite you to show your support of the new Athens-Clarke County Library by purchasing an engraved paver on our reading garden patio for $100.
Join the Friends of the Library
Types of Membership
- Classic $25.00
- Bronze $50.00
- Silver $100.00
- Gold $500.00
- Platinum ______
Honor or Remember Family, Friends, & Loved Ones
Friends of the Library News & Events
View our latest newsletter online: February 2014 Friends of the Library Newsletter
- October 2013
- July 2013
- April 2013
- January 2013
- October 2012
- May 2012
- February 2012
- November 2011
- April 2011
- October 2010
- June 2010
- December 2009
- September 2009
- Book Sales
Each winter for 4 days - thousands of books! Treasures for mere pennies! Find your old favorites or "nearly new" titles. A Summer Book Sale is held at the end of June each year.
- Café au Libris
Annual pre-holiday author book signing event. Coffee, delicious desserts, and an opportunity to meet talented local authors!
- Family Fun Day
Summer's grand finale - just before school opens. Family fun for all! Crafts, puppet show, storytelling, snakes, bugs, bubbles and more...guaranteed to make you smile!
- Live! at the Library
The Library's free monthly concert series. The first Sunday of each month brings a new musical treat ranging from classical to blues.
- Annual Meeting
Held each May. Opportunity to vote on officers and new board members, enjoy fine entertainment and mingle with other Friends.
Friends of the Athens-Clarke County Library Board Officers
- President, Marilynn Smith
- Vice President, Jody Graichen
- Secretary, Joan Zitzelman
- Treasurer, Sean Boyle
- Membership, Gary Holbrook
- Library Liaison, Clare Auwarter
- More Board members...
Would You Like to Serve on the Friends Board?
There will be a new class of seven Board members joining the Friends Board in May. The Board meets monthly, on the first Tuesday evening of each month. This is a working board, and you must have access to email to facilitate communication.