Open Position: Library Director - Athens Regional Library System
The Athens Regional Library Board is seeking a Director for the Athens Regional Library System. Please read the full description and instructions for applying on the Library Director Job webpage.
Join our Children's Area staff for their summer puppet show, "The Ant and the Grasshopper," based on the book by Luli Gray. Ant works hard all year to gather food for the long winter while carefree Grasshopper sings and dances the days away. The show is lively, full of music, and fun for all ages!
- *Monday, June 17 at 7:00 p.m. In the Appleton Auditorium.
- *Tuesday, June 18 at 9:30 a.m. & 10:30 a.m. In the Appleton Auditorium.
- *Wednesday, June 19 at 9:30 a.m. & 10:30 a.m. In the Appleton Auditorium.
- Thursday, June 20 at 10:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.In Multi-purpose Room.
- Friday, June 21 at 10:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. In the Appleton Auditorium.
Thursday, June 13, 8:00 p.m.
What shines "like aluminum siding and shakes like cellulite in spandex?" It's "The Great American Trailer Park Musical," and the Friends of Athens-Clarke County Library have partnered with Town & Gown to give you a special preview of this hilarious new musical that's been described as "South Park" meets "Desperate Housewives." Find out what happens when Pippi, a stripper on the run, comes between agoraphobic Jeannie and her tollbooth-collector husband in Armadillo Acres. Vouchers for the Thursday, June 13, 8:00 p.m. dress rehearsal are $15 for Friends members and $20 for non-members and are available at the Library Store. Refreshments will be served during intermission. All proceeds benefit the Friends of Athens-Clarke County Library.