If every library-lover purchased one item for the library, our shelves would be FULL!
Most importantly... THANK YOU for making our library such a great place.
Children's Department Requests
- Christmas Parade by Sandra Boynton-$14
- Daddy Christmas and Hannukah Mama by Selina Alko - $22
- Just Right for Christmas by Birdie Black - $19
- Pete the Cat Saves Christmas by Eric Litwin -$16
- Curious George books by H.A. Rey - $19
- Arthur books by Marc Brown - $19
- Berenstain Bear books by Stan and Jan Berenstain - $15
- Scaredy Squirrel books by Melanie Watt - $15
- Darth Vader and Son by Jeffrey Brown - $13
- Leslie Patricelli Board Books - $10
- Find a Cow Now! by Janet Stevens - $19
- The Christmas Tugboat: How the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Came to New York City - $20
- Trucks by Clive Gifford - $24
- Judy Moody and the Bad Luck Charm by Megan McDonald - $18
- Junie B., First Grader: Turkeys We Have Loved and Eaten (And Other Grateful Stuff) by Barbara Park - $18 39
- Clues: Shatterproof by Roland Smith - $16
- Who Could That Be at This Hour? by Lemony Snicket - $14 39
- Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers: Trust No One by Linda Sue Park - $15
- Washable Tempera Paint - $10
- Storytime Craft and Activity Supplies - $10
- Play Food - $15
- Felt for flannelboard stories - $10
- Glue Sticks - $10
- Arthur Christmas - $20
Adult/Young Adult Departments Requests
- Light Boxes by Shane Jones - $14
- Veg News year subscription - $20
YOUNG ADULT (TEEN) SUPPLIES
- Wal-Mart Gift Cards - any amount
- Publix Gift Cards - any amount
- Neil Young Journeys - $27.50
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - $14.99
- Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted - $27.50
- Call the Midwife: Season One - $31
- Moonrise Kingdom - $27.50
- Hunger Games - $15
Genealogy 101: The Basics
Topics include vital records, family charts, research checklists, and standard formats for recording information. There are no class pre-requisites. There are no class pre-requisites. Limited to twelve participants.
Genealogy 102: Census Records Online
Ancestry Library Edition and HeritageQuest Online, two reputable internet resources for family research, are covered. Both sites are accessible only through GALILEO. Class pre-requisites: both Genealogy 101 (or similar experience) and computer skills. Limited to four participants.
Searching After Sunset
A four-hour workshop for beginners. Genealogists-to-be can learn how to conduct family research, spend time researching their families, and meet others interested in genealogy. The program is held annually each January.
Resources for the Beginning Genealogist - A bibliography listing research basics, Georgia resources, online databases, area genealogical societies, and more.
Reproducible Forms - A notebook of family history charts, research checklists, and each U.S. census record, all available for photocopying.
The vast majority of our materials are catalogued and can be located by first searching our online computers for the call number. Materials are filed according to the Dewey Decimal classification.
Local and Census Material
These popular materials have been marked with colored spine labels to aid in browsing. The local history items are marked with a pink "Local" spine label; these items feature the seven counties of Barrow, Clarke, Jackson, Madison, Oconee, Oglethorpe, and Wilkes. Items dealing with federal census records and indices are marked with a yellow "Census" spine label.
The Oconee County Library endeavors to keep up with new genealogical materials and with new issues of previously published materials. New items are displayed on top of the magazine shelves in the center of the room.
Microfilm Materials (uncatalogued)
- Georgia Census, 1850-1900, 1910 & 1920
- Georgia Slave Schedules, 1860
- South Carolina Census, 1850
- Civil War Records, 1861-1865
- Volunteer Union records, 1862-1865
- The Oconee County Enterprise, 1887-1916 and 1925-2005
Other Uncatalogued materials
- genealogical magazines
- vertical file containing surnames
- information on Watkinsville/Oconee
- information on other Georgia counties