Business Office Associate - Athens-Clarke County Library
|Position||Business Office Associate; Athens-Clarke County Library, Athens, GA|
|Status||Part-time; without benefits|
|Hours||Up to 12 hours per week as needed; see current schedule below|
|Salary||$9.00 per hour|
|Application Deadline||Open until filled|
Currently Projected Work Schedule (work hours may vary from week to week):
Mondays 8:30 am to 3:00 pm (including half-hour unpaid lunch)
Thursdays 8:30 am to 3:00 pm (including half-hour unpaid lunch)
This part-time position provides administrative support in the Business Office of the Athens Regional Library, located at the Athens-Clarke County Library. The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented. The successful candidate will have knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles and be eager to contribute to the success of the fast-paced ARLS Business Office. This position requires detailed clerical and accounting work under the supervision of the Library Business Manager.
Minimum Training and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required, with college or business school degree or direct business experience preferred. Knowledge of accounting or related experience is preferred. Knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Office, and computer databases is essential. Must possess an excellent, clean driving record, and possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Georgia driver's license. Bilingual Skills (English-Spanish) are preferred but not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following are normal, but not exclusive or all-inclusive, expectations for this job. Other duties of a similar nature or level may be required as assigned and job assignments and schedule may change in the future. Work is reviewed through observation, internal checks, and periodic audit.
- Counts and reconciles cash receipts and weekly bank deposits.
- Processes bank deposits.
- Reconciles bank account reports and other reports in the accounting software system.
- Encodes and enters data for accounts payable and receipts.
- Files paperwork and documents.
- Delivers library financial deposits to bank.
- Assists Business Manager with administrative assignments involving library events as needed.
- Upholds all library policies, including the Patron Responsibilities and Conduct statement.
- May provide, as needed, support in many areas of daily library operations, including (but not limited to); organizing and re-shelving materials; routing holds, loans, and information; materials processing; performing basic office duties.
Supervisory and Management Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of computer systems, clerical techniques, and modern office practices.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices.
- Knowledge of business arithmetic, spelling, and English.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to display effective written and spoken communication.
- Ability to work with library patrons and other employees with tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with subordinates, management, colleagues, members of the general public, and all other groups involved in the activities of the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government as they relate to the Library System.
- Ability to assemble information and create written reports and documents in a clear, concise, and effective manner.
- Ability to display good time management and technical skills.
- Ability to display efficient organizational skills, as well as the ability to prioritize assignments and activities.
- Ability to remain calm under busy conditions.
- Knowledge of all normal and emergency library building and vehicle procedures.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Physical ability to regularly and routinely operate a variety of machinery and equipment including computer with keyboard, telephone, photocopy machine, and coin machines.
- Physical ability to move or carry objects or materials. Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds force frequently. Physical demand requirements are at levels of those of Light Work.
The Athens Regional Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Library may provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees to discuss potential accommodations. The Library is a drug-free workplace and requires a pre-employment drug test and e-Verify approval.
Submit online ARLS job application for this position. Please include a resume and cover letter describing qualifications for this position.