Passport Acceptance Agent; Athens Clarke County Library
|Position||Passport Acceptance Agent (PP-02); Athens-Clarke County Library, Athens, GA|
|Status||Part-time; with limited benefits|
|Hours||19 hours per week; requires nights and weekends (must work some Saturdays and Sundays)|
|Salary||$10.00 per hour|
|Application Deadline||Open until filled|
The Athens Regional Library System is hiring a customer service oriented, conscientious individual to serve as a Passport Acceptance Agent for the Athens-Clarke County Library. The purpose of this position is to accept and process passport applications. Agents are responsible for the review and intake of documents, forms and identification related to completing passport applications. This position reports directly to the Assistant Director for Public Services.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Must have customer service experience and experience working in a fast, multi-tasking environment.
Bilingual Skills: must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following are normal, but not exclusive or all-inclusive, expectations for this job. Other duties of a similar nature or level may be required as assigned and job assignments may change in the future, including night and weekend work shifts.
- Meet with passport applicants to review and process passport applications including verification of forms and required information.
- Review and process passports applications and associated paperwork.
- Answer questions associated with the passport application process (in person and via the telephone).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of all Department of State requirements for passport processing.
- Ability to qualify with the Department of State as a Passport Acceptance Agent and to maintain training essential to the position.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Customer service skills to ensure that all application transactions are conducted in an efficient, positive, and professional manner, with every effort made to satisfy requests while upholding library and passport policies.
- Knowledge of all normal and emergency library building procedures.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Flexibility to work on different shifts including Saturdays and Sundays.
- Physical ability to regularly and routinely operate a variety of machinery and equipment including computer with keyboard, telephone, and printer and/or copy machine.
- Physical ability to move or carry objects or materials. Must be able move or carry objects or materials. Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly. Physical demand requirements are at levels of those of Light Work.
In addition to the requirements listed above, applicants for this position must also meet all requirements outlined by the State Department, which include the following:
- At least 18 years old.
- A U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
- Approved by the Department of State.
- Not presently on parole or probation related to any Federal, State or local convictions.
- Not presently under indictment for a Federal, State, or local felony, or a misdemeanor related to breach of trust or moral turpitude.
- Free of any Federal, State, or local felony convictions.
- Free of any Federal, State, or local misdemeanor convictions related to breach of trust or moral turpitude (i.e., embezzlement, document fraud, drug offense, or dishonesty carrying out a responsibility involving public trust).
- Uphold legal responsibilities as an Acceptance Agent, i.e., verifying that the passport applicant who personally appears and the identification and citizenship evidence presented are one-in-the-same; that the applicant took the oath and signed the application.
- Not participate in any relationship with another source nor delivering another service that could be perceived as a conflict-of-interest.
Athens Regional Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the library may provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees to discuss potential necessary accommodations. The library is a drug-free workplace and requires a pre-employment drug test and E-Verify employment eligibility approval.
Submit online ARLS job application for this position. Please include a resume, cover letter describing qualifications, and three references for this position