Acceptable Wireless Use Agreement
Users of the Athens Regional Library's wireless connectivity must agree to the following:
- Wireless users must not attempt to access or damage the library's network.
- While using the Athens Regional Library's connection, wireless users may not use the Internet in any way that violates a Federal or State Law, including but not limited to copyright, fraud, obscenity and privacy legislation.
- Wireless users must not behave in a manner that is disruptive to other library patrons or library staff. Please see our policy for Patron Responsibilities and Conduct for details.
- Earphones must be used if sound is to be activated through a wireless unit.
- Printing is not available from wireless units. 6. Wireless users are responsible for bringing their own wireless-enabled laptop computer or other device to the Library and for bringing a fully charged battery, since public electric outlets may not be available.
- Library filtering cannot be bypassed for wireless users since this would require staff to alter configuration settings on the user's laptop. If unfiltered access to the internet is required, library computers can be enabled for this purpose.
- Wireless service is limited to adults (ages 17 and up) and may be limited to certain areas of the library.
- Library staff members cannot provide technical assistance. Users must configure their own laptops and should consult their laptop manual for instructions.
- The Library cannot guarantee that users will be able to connect to the wireless network.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for any loss or damages done directly or indirectly to personal data or equipment, or for any damage or injury arising from loss of privacy while using the wireless connection.
- The wireless network is not secure. Exercise caution when sending or receiving personal data over wireless connections.
- The Library reserves the right to limit bandwidth usage on the wireless network.