History of the Lavonia-Carnegie Library
The Library was completed in 1911, after financier Andrew Carnegie donated $5,000 at the request of the Lavonia Woman's club. In 1977 and 2015, the building was completely renovated. The City of Lavonia owns the property and programs are under the Athens Regional Library System. The Library is important as a local landmark and has continued to be used as a library throughout its history. The Library is a one-story brick Renaissance Revival-style building with elaborate detailing. It is architecturally significant as one of the few examples of high-style architecture in Lavonia.