Tax Season is Here!
Tax season is upon us, and the Athens Regional Library System wants to help. Visit our Tax Information page for links to online resources, information about where to find free tax preparation assistance in the area, and more.
The libraries in the regional system will have a limited number of Federal Tax Forms for patrons to pick up but, due to budget cuts by the IRS, we will not have any instruction books. This includes instructions for Forms 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ.
Residents can request a personal copy of instructions or forms:
Go online to IRS.gov/forms - to view and download OR
IRS.gov/orderforms - to order tax products to be delivered by U.S. mail OR
call 1-800-829-3676 - to order tax products to be delivered by U.S. mail.
Special Needs Library Blog
Due to state budget cuts, the Insight newsletter will be coming out quarterly instead of monthly. Amber has started a Special Needs Library Blog to help fill in the gaps and post timely material. It can be read at http://athensspecialneedslibrary.blogspot.com or accessed via our website.
Multiple Choices Bowl-A-Thon
Multiple Choices will hold their annual bowl-a-thon February 7th, 14th & 21st, 2009. Each day, bowling will be from 12pm to 3pm at Showtime Bowling Center, 555 Macon Highway, Athens, GA. If you have any questions or want to register for the event, call Multiple Choices at 706-549-1020.
The Vistas Center and Multiple Choices Center for Independent Living will sponsor a Braille presentation given by Ms. Robin Oliver in the Small Conference Room of the Athens-Clarke County library on Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 2 pm in honor of the 200th birthday of Louis Braille. Refreshments will be served.
Louis Braille is the inventor of Braille, a world-wide system used by blind and visually-impaired people for reading and writing. Braille is read by passing the fingers over characters made up of an arrangement of one to six embossed points. It has been adapted to almost every known language.
Please come and bring a friend! For more information, please call Robin Oliver at Multiple Choices - 706-549-1020.
Enhancing Our Abilities Expo
Enhancing Our Abilities is teaming with the Council for Exceptional Children to put on an expo on Saturday, February 28, 2009 from 9am -3pm at the Classic Center in Athens. There will be many exhibits and vendors with assistive technology products to discover. For more information contact Multiple Choices at 706-549-1020.
Sign Language Classes
Multiple Choices will be offering Sign Languages classes in cooperation with UGA starting January 29, 2009. The course lasts ten weeks and takes place Thursday evenings from 5:30-7:00pm. For more information call 706-549-1020.
Disability Day at the CapitolDisability Day at the Capitol will be on Wednesday, February 25, 2009. For more information call Multiple Choices at 706-549-1020.
- RC 64070 A Conventional Corpse: A Claire Malloy Mystery by Joan Hess
- RC 64129 Cats to the Rescue: True Tales of Heroic Felines by Marilyn Singer for grades 4-7
- RC 64156 A Year of Sundays: Taking the Plunge (and our cat) to Explore Europe by Edward D. Webster
- RC 65475 Only the Cat Knows by Marian Babson ST
- RC 65648 Track of the Cat: An Anna Pidgeon Mystery by Nevada Barr SE ST
- RC 65659 Cat in a Red Hot Rage: A Midnight Louie Mystery by Carole Nelson Douglas
- RC 65932 Reserved for the Cat: Elemental Masters, Book 6 by Mercedes Lackey
- RC 67516 Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron
- RC 63057 The Edge of Winter by Luanne Rice SE
- RC 63072 Winter House by Carol O'Connell VI ST
- RC 64030 Winter's Child: A Deborah Knott Mystery, Book 12 by Margaret Maron ST
- RC 64477 Winter Lodge: The Lakeshore Chronicles, Book 2 By Susan Wigg SE ST
- RC 64634 The Day Before Winter: Bennett's Island Saga By Elisabeth Ogilvie ST
- RC 64930 Changes for Kit-A Winter Story: An American Girl, Bk 6 By Valerie Tripp for grades 3-6
- RC 65355 The Coldest Winter: America and the Korean War By David Halberstam VI ST
- RC 65698 Winter Birds by Jamie Langston Turner
- RC 65844 Stories for a Winter's Night: Short Fiction by Native Americans by Maurice Kenny