Tax Season is Here!
Tax season is upon us, and the Athens Regional Library System wants to help. Visit our Tax Information page for links to online resources, information about where to find free tax preparation assistance in the area, and more.
The libraries in the regional system will have a limited number of Federal Tax Forms for patrons to pick up but, due to budget cuts by the IRS, we will not have any instruction books. This includes instructions for Forms 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ.
Residents can request a personal copy of instructions or forms:
Go online to IRS.gov/forms - to view and download OR
IRS.gov/orderforms - to order tax products to be delivered by U.S. mail OR
call 1-800-829-3676 - to order tax products to be delivered by U.S. mail.
Athens Council of the Blind Music Fundraiser
There will be a Music Fundraiser for the Athens Council of the Blind on Friday, April 17th from 6:00-9:00 pm at Little Kings which is located at 223 W. Hancock St. in Athens. The Musicians that will be playing are: The Box Devils, Mike Blake, The Grayhound Bluegrass Band, The Singing Circles, and The Vinyl Strangers. The cover charge is a donation to the Council. For more information you can call 706-316-9886.
Show Us How You Read
2009 Patron Survey
If you are viewing this survey in our online newsletter, please call in your answers. Feel free to speak to one of our staff at 706-613-3655 or 800-531-2063.
- What kinds of programs would you like to see offered at the library?
- What kinds of prizes would you like to see offered for program winners?
- Have you ever used the descriptive video collection?
- I am not familiar with this service. Please send me information.
- Do you order books online, using the Web OPAC?
- Send me information about this service
- If your account is "request only," would you like to receive notification that you need to submit more book requests?
- Are you interested in receiving a digital machine when they are available?
- maybe in the future
- Do you read the Special Needs Blog? (www.athensspecialneedslibrary.blogspot.com)
- No, I do not use the computer.
- No, the blog is not useful/relevant to me.
- I did not know about the blog.
- What do you like most about our services?
- Aside from machine/book quality, what could we improve about our service?
- Overall, how would you best describe the quality of service you receive from the Special Needs Library?
- very good
- RC 63285 The Night Gardener by George Pelecanos SE ST VI
- RC 63530 Kids' Container Gardening: Year-round Projects for Inside & Out by Cindy Krezel grades 3-6
- RC 64433 Death in the Orchid Garden: A Gardening Mystery by Ann Ripley
- RC 64800 Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver
- RC 65281 Blue Rose: An English Garden Mystery by A. Eglin VI ST
- RC 65382 Among Flowers: A Walk in the Himalayas by J. Kincaid
- RC 65395 Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen ST
- RC 66180 Elements of Organic Gardening: Highgrove, Clarence House, Birkhall by Charles, Prince of Wales
- RC 66349 Dog-Friendly Gardens, Garden-Friendly Dogs by Cheryl Smith