Tax Season is Here!
Tax season is upon us, and the Athens Regional Library System wants to help. Visit our Tax Information page for links to online resources, information about where to find free tax preparation assistance in the area, and more.
The libraries in the regional system will have a limited number of Federal Tax Forms for patrons to pick up but, due to budget cuts by the IRS, we will not have any instruction books. This includes instructions for Forms 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ.
Residents can request a personal copy of instructions or forms:
Go online to IRS.gov/forms - to view and download OR
IRS.gov/orderforms - to order tax products to be delivered by U.S. mail OR
call 1-800-829-3676 - to order tax products to be delivered by U.S. mail.
The Library will be closed Monday, September 7th for Labor Day.
Digital Outreach Schedule
The Northeast Georgia Talking Book Center staff will be touring libraries all over Northeast Georgia this fall, demonstrating the new digital Talking Book players. We hope many of our patrons will get to come see the new player and try it out before we begin distributing them later this year.
If you work at or are a resident or member of an organization that would like a digital Talking Books presentation, please call us at 1-800-531-2063 and we will be happy to schedule a demonstration.
Check the schedule on the following pages and see when we are coming to a library near you! We will be at these locations for one hour only.
- July 25, 11:00am - Buford Public Library
- July 25, 1:00pm - Norcross Public Library
- July 31, 10:30am - Eatonton-Putnam Co. Library
- July 31, 12:30pm - Hancock Co. Public Library (located in Sparta)
- August 4, 11:00am - Morgan Co. Public Library (located in Madison)
- August 4, 1:30pm - Greene Co. Public Library (located in Greensboro)
- August 14, 10:30am - Cornelia-Habersham Library
- August 14, 12:30pm - Cleveland Public Library
- August 15, 9:30am - Elbert Co. Public Library (located in Elberton)
- August 15, 11:00am - Oglethorpe Co. Public Library (located in Lexington)
- August 18, 10:30am - Winder Public Library
- August 18, 1:00pm - Lawrenceville Public Library
- September 4, 10:30am - Banks Co. Public Library (located in Homer)
- September 19, 1:00pm - Royston Public Library
- September 25, 10:30am - Duluth Public Library
- September 25, 12:30pm - Elizabeth H. Williams Public Library (located in Snellville)
- October 10, 10:00am - Rabun Co. Library (located in Clayton)
- October 10, 12:00pm - Habersham Public Library
- November 3, 11:00am - Commerce Public Library
- November 3, 1:30pm - Madison Co. Library (located in Danielsville)
- November 6, 10:30am - Suwanee Public Library
- November 6, 12:30pm - Lilburn Public Library
- November 17, 11:00am - Hart Co. Public Library (located in Hartwell)
- November 17, 1:00pm - Lavonia Public Library
- November 20, 10:30am - Monroe-Walton Co. Public Library
- November 20, 12:30pm - O'Kelly Memorial Library (located in Loganville)
- December 4, 11:00am - Toccoa-Stephens Co Public Library
- RC 65222 The Summer of 1787: The Men Who Invented the Constitution by David Stewart
- RC 65263 Summer Reading by Hilma Wolitzer SE ST
- RC 65269 Still Summer by Jacquelyn Mitchard SE ST VI
- RC 65360 Come Summer by Sandra Steffen SE
- RC 65655 Harlem Summer by Walter Dean Myers for gr.9-12
- RC 65814 Summer of Light by W. Dale Cramer
- RC 65902 Summer Ball by Mike Lupica for grades 5-8
- RC 66239 Summer: Sunrise Bk. 2 by Karen Kingsbury
- RC 67082 That Summer Place: Old Things, Private Paradise, Island Time by Debbie Macomber SE