Athens-Clarke County Library: One-on-One Tutorials
How does it work?
- Register for a tutorial:
- Online: Visit the events calendar, click on a tutorial (calendar event), and complete the registration form.
- By Phone: Call the Information Desk at 706-613-3650 x354.
- In person: Visit the 2nd floor Information Desk
- Registration opens on the 15th of the month for tutorials offered the next month.
- For example, registration opens on January 15th for February tutorials.
- If the 15th falls on a weekend, registration opens the following Monday.
- Registration is limited to one of each type of tutorial (DMC or Computer) per month.
- For example, you can sign up for one DMC tutorial and one Computer Classroom tutorial in the same month.
- However, you cannot sign up for two DMC tutorials in the same month.
- Registration is limited to one person per tutorial.
- Late arrival: Tutorials end at the scheduled end time regardless of when you arrive. Tutorials cannot be re-scheduled, moved, or extended.
- For a 9:00 to 9:45 tutorial, if you arrive late at 9:30, your tutorial will still end at 9:45.
- Cancellations: Give notice of a cancellation at least 24-hours before the tutorial. (Call the library at 706-613-3650 x354.)
- Library staff reserves the right to withhold future reservations to patrons who repeatedly miss tutorials and fail to cancel with sufficient notice.
Computer Classroom One-on-One
Tutorials in the Computer Classroom focus on computer basics, word processing, and online services for eBooks, audiobooks, and eMagazines offered through the library. A One-on-One tutorial is a 45-minute interactive session with a computer assistant designed to get you started with a tutorial topic – so that you can leave knowing how to open a computer program, create a resume, borrow an eBook, or perform other useful computer tasks. Patrons are encouraged to re-take tutorials to gain proficiency. Topics include: Mouse and Keyboard Skills, Intro to Computers, Intro to the Internet, Email Basics, Intro to Word 2010, GADD – Free eBooks and Audiobooks, Zinio – Free Online Magazines, Facebook for Beginners, and Creating a Resume with Winway.
Digital Media Center One-on-One
Digital Media Center tutorials are for people who are interested in learning how to use the tools and software of the DMC for content creation or conversion. DMC resources allow you to edit photo, audio and video files; create graphics and art; convert many different media to digital files; and more. Visit the DMC webpage for a full description of the resources available for use.