The Library will be closed on Monday, January 18th in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
Blind day at the Capitol
- When: January 13, 2010
- Where: Colverdale Legislative Office Building
18 Capitol Square SW
Atlanta, GA 30334
- Tentative Room: #307
- Time: 8:30-3:00
- Program plans: Training on how to work with our legislators. Possibly a governor candidates forum. Visiting your senators and representatives and talking to them about the bill.
PUBLIC FORUM TO DISCUSS THE FUTURE OF GEORGIA'S TALKING BOOK CENTERS
Saturday, February 6, 1:00 p.m. Athens-Clarke Co. Library
The Georgia Libraries for Accessible Statewide Services (GLASS) will be hosting a public forum to discuss changes that have been proposed for Talking Book Centers in Georgia. Representatives from GLASS and the Georgia Public Library System will be in attendance.
Join us for the forum and learn how the proposed changes will impact you. You are also encouraged to share your opinion to help develop the future service plan.
Don't miss this important opportunity!!
Athens Council of the Blind Music Fundraiser
- Where:Little Kings
223 West Hancock Avenue
Athens, GA 30601
- When: April 2, 2010 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Cover: A Donation to the Council
Sponsored by the Athens Council of the Blind. For more info call: 706-369-3144.
To discuss the Vocational Rehabilitation State Plan and the State Plan for Independent Living.
Friday, January 15: Athens, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Georgia Department of Labor
Oglethorpe-Oconee Room, 150 Evelyn C. Neely Drive,
Contact for directions: 706-354-3900
If you need further information please contact (706) 549-1020.
Ice, Cold, & Winter Books
- RC 65425 Fortress of Ice by C.J. Cherryh
- RC 65698 Winter Birds by Jamie Langston Turner
- RC 65706 Cold River by William Judson
- RC 66376 Winter Study: An Anna Pigeon Mystery by Nevada Barr ST VI
- RC 66528 Fireside Stories: Tales for a Winter's Eve by Caitlin Matthews for grades 3-6
- RC 66932 Ice Trap: A Novel of Suspense by Kitty Sewell SE
- RC 67790 Cold Hearted by Beverly Barton SE ST VI
- RC 67873 Open Ice by Pat Hughes ST SE
- RC 68026 Cold Pursuit by Carla Neggers SE VI
- RC 68031 Ice Blue by Anne Stuart ST SE VI