The Library will be closed on Monday, May 31, 2010 in honor of Memorial Day.
We have just finished sending digital players to everyone that had signed up for the waiting list. If you did not receive a digital player and thought you had signed up to receive one please let us know. If anybody else is interested in receiving a digital player in the next shipment please contact us, otherwise we will begin sending them to institutions and active patrons as we see fit.
*Also please make sure the cartridge is in the blue container with the Braille side up when you return your digital books.*
Braille and Computer Classes
Multiple Choices is now offering Braille and Computer classes. For further information contact Multiple Choices at 706.549.1020.
2010 Georgia Council of the Blind State Convention
When: Thursday, August 5 through Sunday, August 8, 2010
Where: Unicoi Lodge and Convention Center near Helen, GA.
The Unicoi Lodge is located in a lovely mountain setting with smooth hiking trails and beautiful Smith Creek within walking distance.
Room rates will be $100.00 plus tax per room for up to four occupants. Some of the highlights of The conference will be a cookout, hay ride, and sing along to the river bottoms. Four interesting tours will also be offered:
- Tour 1: Helen, GA
- Tour 2: Anna Ruby Falls
- Tour 3: Smithgall Woods State Park Nature Center
- Tour 4: Babyland General Hospital, home to the famous Cabbage Patch Kids
For those not interested in participating in the tours, craft classes will be coordinated by Unicoi's full time, on-staff activities director who is working closely with the GCB convention committee to design activities appropriate for the visually impaired.
The Stephens and Greater Hall County chapter members are excited about this conference and look forward to hosting the event. August is the prime tourist season for Helen, so make your reservations as soon as possible. For room reservations, call: 1-800-573-9659, or 706-878-2201, and ask for extention 271 or 272. Request rates for the Georgia Council of the Blind. Reservations must be made at least one month before the conference-convention.
Self Advocacy Network
The purpose of the Self Advocacy Network (SAN), is to advocate for issues and/or concerns of individuals with disabilities. Multiple Choices is hosting the Self Advocacy Network (SAN), on the first Tuesday of every month, time 6:00 p.m. at Multiple Choices (CIL) located at 850 Gaines School Road, Athens. For further information you may call: (706) 549-1020.
Athens Council of the Blind Music Fundraiser
- Where:Little Kings
223 West Hancock Avenue
Athens, GA 30601
- When: April 9, 2010 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Cover: A Donation to the Council
- Sponsored by the Athens Council of the Blind For more info call: 706-369-3144
The Athens Council of the Blind meetings are held on the fourth Saturday, of every month from 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM at Multiple Choices, 850 Gaines School Road, Athens. For further information call 706.549.1020.
If you need further information please contact (706) 549-1020.
Books with a Tennis Theme
- RC 62369 A Detective in Love by H. R. F. Keating SE ST
- RC 62456 Dropshot: A Brad Smith Novel of Suspense By Jack M. Bickham SE ST VI
- RC 63823 Skeleton Key: An Alex Rider Adventure By Anthony Horowitz for grades 6-9
- RC 65479 Breaking Back: How I Lost Everything and Won Back My Life by James Blake
- RC 66536 Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell VI ST
- RC 67312 A Champion's Mind: Lessons From a Life in Tennis By Pete Sampras
- RC 67478 All We Ever Wanted Was Everything by J. Brown SE ST
- RC 68072 Balls! by Michael Rosen for grades 4-7
- RC 68260 Good Luck by Whitney Gaskell ST SE